Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hodge Podge

Have a lot of random things to post about here : )
The first is that Nanny sent the boys a Valentine card with punch balloons and airheads! Getting mail that has candy and balloons is about the best thing you can do for a little person : )
Sam loved the balloon and had a ball with it, while Davis spent most of his time trying to open that candy. Sorry lighting is so bad in these first pictures.






Sam got his first bike today! He has been wanting one for a long time now, we kept putting it off b/c of out yard situation at the present time. He gets to ride them both at Nanny's house and at Granny and Grandaddy's house, so he was dying to have one here at the house. I wanted to get him one at Kid's Market, but didn't find anything I really liked. Then I was rudely awakened to the price of bikes at Wal-mart. Where they are between $10-$25 at Kids Market, they are $50-$75 at Wal-mart.
I thought we were just going to have to wait until next kids market to get him one, but we had seen one at TJ Max. They don't normally carry them but they had one on clearance for $29, so we went to get it today. I walked all over the store looking for it and couldn't find it! I finally asked the right person, b/c he not only knew were it was, he knocked it down $10 more dollars b/c the tires needed to be aired!!!!
So he got his first NEW bike for $19 : )
What a blessing, and he LOVES IT! You can see from his little smile that he couldn't wipe off his face. On the way home he kept looking over his shoulder in the back to see it, and updating us on any and all movement it made while back there.






Teacher moment : )
I started cleaning out some things so that I would be able to tag my Kids Market stuff, while doing this I found these letter blocks. I bought them about a year ago for $1, but they were to hard for Sam at that time. (They still sell them at Wal-mart)
He was thrilled to play with them. As I lay them on the table for him I thought, He really needs a alphabet to use and try to get them all in order. I started to go and print one off on the computer, then I thought I remembered buying a coloring book with letters in it. In the top of the closet I found the book and it had a list of the ABC's in the back. I showed him how to look at the letters and see which one came next, this was too hard for him to look back and forth. Duh, the letters come out, so we started to find the letters and lay them on top of the picture in the book without the square block around them. It was perfect and he loved it : )
By now, Davis is so jealous he is practically throwing himself on the table to be involved. I thought for a minute and remembered the blocks that Sam started with when he was Davis' age. I got them at the Dollar tree and he loved them back then. They were Pooh and they were scattered all over the house and most had been thrown away in the past 2 yrs. I did buy a few extra packs for gifts back 2 yrs. ago. So I just so happened to have a new pack for him in the gift closet (The choice was between princess blocks or spiderman). We went and got them and sat and tried to put them together. By the end of it, he was fighting them like they were action figures, but hey it's a start right : )
After we finished playing we bagged them up and put them back in the top of the closet until next time we need something to do quietly.












A few more thrifty finds:

My sister found this really awesome cape for Sam for $5 at the thrift store! It lights up and makes flying sounds : )

The backpack is from Bath and Body Works for $2.50 on clearance.

Davis' blanket turned hat, was free : )
For about a week every time we got ready to go somewhere, I would here him running toward me saying "Ready Go Moooom, Got my hat!"
I thought he was so adorable with it around his head like that!

That is all I have time to post about right now, but have more to come soon!








1 comment:

Courtney said...

What little men you have! They are just adorable Mag! I love Davis's hat!

Great thrifty deals! I've really gotten into couponing the last month and I'm always looking for a way to save. I feel like it's the least I can do to help our budget. I hate thinking back to all the money I could have saved in the past! LOL!