Thursday, May 4, 2017

Happy Birthday Sam...May the Fourth be with you

So Sam is now 12 and we keep getting older.  We didn't have much planned for his birthday, but Mom always pulls out the streamers.  I remind the kids a lot how less celebrated their birthday's would be if it was just Dad planning things.  :)  But I did get a surprise at work when I found out I won tickets to the Barons game, and the only tickets available were for that night...Sam's birthday...of course I'll take them.  So we went to sam's favorite Taziki's and had him open his presents.  Dad got him the JetBoil personal camping stove, and mom got him the Nano Statue of Liberty.  He was a pretty happy kid. 
 
At the ball game, we realized really quickly that it was going to be COLD!  Seriously May 4th in Alabama and it was COLD!  Magan bought a Baron's blanket to wrap up in.  Sam and Davis just played ball in the outfield kid park.  Belle stayed wrapped up with Mom, and Ruby got to see Lillie Mays...I wish I would have gotten the video.  She saw Lillie from across the clubhouse open room, and Lillie saw her, and waved her over...then Ruby ran all the way across for a big hug from that puppy dog.  After the 7th, we did find both dogs for a quick picture also.  Happy Birthday Sam!
 
One last story for Sam to remember...I handed him a 20 to get him some dipping dots...and he came back with just dipping dots.  So, lesson learned for him, but we picked on him for the rest of the night about how expensive his dipping dots were.
 
















 



No comments: