Saturday, March 10, 2018

Montgomery Marathon; Spectre; Peach Park

Yep, still running...although this was much slower.  Almost met my slowest time ever at 2 hours and 16 minutes.  Don't even want to calculate the mile pace, and probably not helping that I was listening to an audiobook on famous plagues of human history.  Oh well, knee did not have any complaints on the slower pace, and I will take it.  Race was perfect weather, with no muscle cramps, and minimal chaffing.  Kids always laugh at my face speckled with salt all over from the sweat, and Ruby didn't even run from a "sweaty hug", but ran and embraced the sweaty hug.  Always love seeing these guys at the finish line.  Makes the 13.1 miles worthwhile.  

After the race, we drove back thru Spectre, AL...site of some of the key scenes from the movie Big Fish.  A favorite movie of Magan's, we have been trying to get here for awhile.  We toured the movie set, and found it really neat to see how the insides of the houses were never even built, just floored at the front to help in certain scenes.  I guess we should go back and watch the movie again now.  The other thing that they have added at Spectre is 34 goats, and as Magan and I sat and rested, the kids walked around feeding and petting the goats.  Kinda like hanging out in the field in front of the Sartin house, but this felt much cooler because we were on an island used in a movie set...right?   

And then we had a stop at Peach Park...and after ribs, bbq, then peach desserts, I was about done for...but the kids played at the park, while Magan shopped.  I am thinking I don't want to know the total for this Peach Park visit...but oh the food was so so good.  
























No comments: