Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day Memories from Magan

From Magan...
 
I am not good at these posts, but I am doing it anyway. Even if Scott Junkin, picks on my later for being so sappy.

I love special days that help us remember to slow down and appreciate each other a little extra. I have had 4 very special men in my life and I love and cherish every moment I've had with them. 2 are still here for me to hug and love and two are not.

I didn't meet any of my own grandparents, they passed before I was born, but I gained PawPaw when I married. A man of few words but he always let us know how much he loved us and how proud he was of us each time he got the chance.

 My own dad, I still can't let this day pass without shedding tears for him. I am so thankful he was here to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day, (even though I cried the whole way down). He wasn't physically here to meet my babies, but he lives on in their faces, in their little smiles, and always in our hearts. I will never stop missing him and wishing I could hear him laugh and feel him squeeze me tight again.


 My father-in-law Tim Junkin, has been my dad for almost as many years as I had my own dad here with me. I love him and love the way he loves our family. He has a smile that is kind and his eyes are full of love and when he smiles at me, I know how blessed I am.


Scott Junkin....I prayed for you from the time I was Belle's age and God heard my prayers. I am amazed that he made someone perfect for me. You are annoyingly and admirably honest, which both drives me insane but also helps me recognize when I need to change. You make us all laugh and you carry us everywhere you can take us. You take us even though you know it's never an easy job. You take care of us and lead us. You love us so much you get defensive for us and try to protect us. Above all you teach our children that we have work to do in our walk to please God. This life is hard sometimes, confusing, and painful, but it is also beautiful, loving, and wonderful. We are so blessed with you as our dad and we love you more than words can express

Happy Father's Day!
 





No comments: