Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Sunday Celebration

So instead of writing something new, just sharing the message I sent to our church on a wonderful joyous day when Sam made that great decision to be obedient to the Gospel Message!...

"I just wanted to reach out and thank all of you in our Chelsea Church Family!  It was a wonderful day for our family, and as Mr. Flynn told me on my first Wednesday night at Chelsea..."This group is different, we REALLY ARE just a big family".  And you guys are...you are our family.  So many of you guys have been such a good influence on Sam, and I am so thankful for each of his teachers, each of his mentors, the preacher that initiated a crazy love for Sneaky Pete breakfasts in him, and each one of you that reach out and just speak with him on Sunday mornings.  

Janie Hornsby tells the story of me taking Sam out of the middle school band room when we were worshipping there...He was acting up, and with no cry room, I was just heading outside with him.  I don't remember it well, but Janie says he kept screaming on the way out "HELP ME, HELP ME"

As he got older and praying each night in bed before sleep, I'll never forget him asking me "Dad, who is that fire lady that we are praying for?  The one that we get to sing with at her house".   Sam, are you talking about Mrs. Burns?  haha...the firelady.  

Anyway, today has put me in memory lane, and I just wanted to share how much all of you guys mean to me and Magan, Sam and all the rest of our children. 

And I want you guys to keep reaching out and engaging with these kids.  Ask them how they are doing?  Ask them what was their favorite part about bible class.  Just ask them about the toy they are playing with.  Terry taught a lesson on Bridging the Gap between our young folks and us older folks...and I truly see that in so many of you guys, and it has been wonderful to see the relationships that our young ones have with so many of you guys.  Keep it up!

Thank you all for being our family,

Scott"





No comments: