Saturday, September 25, 2021

Back in Tuscaloosa

And we are back in Tuscaloosa, once again helping with some of the thousands of folks wanting to park as close to Bryant Denny as they can.  At the beginning of the season, I quickly signed up for the Southern Miss game as it is an obvious 11:00AM game at the first of the season, and I would not have to be here for long.  And guess what, they decided that would be a good one for a 6:30PM kickoff, and Sam and I had to be in Tuscaloosa at our post at 6:45AM.  And we sat and sat till kickoff.  It was originally just going to be me at the game, but plans allowed for Sam to join me, and I loved getting to spend the day with him.  We are much alike, and just hanging out without having to talk much is sometimes perfect for both of us.  

We did get a chance to teach a wood carving merit badge to two of the younger boys during a slow period at lunch.  I showed them some of the knives and safety, and Sam walked them thru the Santa Claus pencils with 4 stop cuts.  And Sam got to walk over and be at the other parking deck crew for a little bit, but mostly we hung out at our gate and tried not to both nap at the same time.  

And since we had stayed this long already, Sam and I decided to go on into the game, where we arrived almost at the end of the 1st quarter, and Bama was already up 21-0.  I think it was 42-0 at halftime when we decided to head on back to Birmingham.  It was really cool to see the amazing light show they put on at the stadium.  It is like being in a rock concert.  







No comments: