Saturday, March 11, 2023

Burkett Family Gathering

Always great to see family, and a chance to see all four sisters is a rare occasion these days.   I did not think I was going to be able to make it, as it was Pine Straw sale with the boy scouts.   Fortunately, they have a really good assistant scoutmaster than dreams in increases in efficiency.   We unloaded a truck of pine straw (1500 bales) in less than two hours.   This was a record for our troop, but on top of that, we had trucks delivering it as it was being unloaded, so all deliveries were also completed within that same 2 hours.   And Davis led the crew inside the truck, getting the very first bale down, and the last one out.   

Anyway, we got done faster than expected, so I was able to be at this family gathering.  Fun getting to connect to family that you don't see very often.  Got to meet Haley's new husband, and fun that I had a padres hat on, and he is from San Diego.   He definitely did not sound like he was from Alabama.  Then seeing Evan, who looked like he just needed a guitar and a microphone.   Just sitting back and watching those sisters laugh together was fun.   I hope one day our core of 4 can do the same.   I guess statistically I will be dead first, but maybe they will find a way to find humor in my death, and it will be like I am still with them laughing.   

Loved a sweet moment with Ivey stepping on her feet, and her sweetest giggling when I did.  I don't think I have ever heard a sweeter voice than hers.   Enjoyed spending most of my time chatting with Mike about engineering stuff, and dad stuff, and secret government work stuff.   Carol and Troy's house just looks more and more amazing every time we go up there.   And Carol made what she referred to as "Crack Cake", and while I have never tried crack or cocaine, I imagine those drugs are amazing, if they are anything as good as this cake.   Wow, it was great.   I took pieces for home, but I ate them before we got to Buccees

Did you say Buccees??  Yeah, we have not been to this newest Buccees in Alabama, and we were excited to see the man, the myth, the legend himself...and of course we got a picture.   Coffees for me and mom, and slushies for the girls.   Ummm....and a new stuffed Buccee for Ruby....and a new shirt for Belle...and a new hawaiaan shirt for me...What is up with this gas station?  























 

No comments: