Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Visit with the Real Santa at Bass Pro

This year we got a reservation to see Santa at Bass Pro, as somewhere along the line, Ruby realized he was the real Santa Claus.   And it was obvious in re-watching the 2020 video we had of our encounter with him during the COVID year.   He spoke to each of the kids, and actually knew what Chelsea school they went to, and later that year, got all the kids exactly what they had asked him for.   Even behind a sheet of plastic that year, it was easy to tell, that this is the place to come for the real guy.   

This year Santa was feeling it.   It has been  tough with inflation, and just a crazy busy Christmas season.   So we understood when it was our time to see Santa, I pointed at Ruby, and said he needed a moment.   So we waited while he stretched his knees, got a drink of water, then back down into that wooden seat.   I bet he is so happy to get back to the lazy boy at the North Pole after all these events.   He asked us what time it was, I think hoping that the end of the day would be coming soon.   Then he learned about Ruby's requests and all the other kids wanted surprises.   Ruby was looking to get a laptop, so I had to sneak back to Santa while everyone else was shopping and let him know that we had already gotten that under the tree, but I told him she really was liking the Adorables with her advent calendar this year.   Of course, Ruby didn't see me, and I couldn't tell her till after Christmas morning when she opened her presents.   

After seeing Santa, I am completely lost in this store.   I really don't see what people buy here.   Everything is so expensive, and who actually hunts animals, or fishes for fish, or wears that much flannel.   I mean, it is a cool place to look around at taxidermy animals, but then I don't know what you do.   As I am writing this blog, there was a guy at this same Leeds Bass Pro that  ran his truck into a pole in the parking lot, stripped down nude, ran inside the Bass Pro, climbed the stairs to the top of the Aquarium tank, and jumped in.   So I guess you can do that?

While mom was still looking to go somewhere else for her birthday dinner, I decided for her that she wanted Cracker Barrell on this night.   It was a good meal and we all ate way too much, and they gave us a full extra plate of those tastey biscuits.  So good the next morning.   Then we got back on the interstate and returned to the Bass Pro exit, but this time on Buccee's Blvd.   I think everyone held it at dinner, so we could use the nicer Buccee's bathrooms all together.   So it was a wonderful night, and there are always presents and trinkets and nuggets that must be purchased while there, so we tried to support this amazing gas station.   




















No comments: