Sunday, August 25, 2024

Boy Scout Whitewater Campout

I will probably kick myself for not going on these final campouts with Davis, but I was heading to Dothan on Sunday after being in Georgia the week leading up to this weekend, so I backed out of this adventure.   But glad Davis got to go, and always glad when he got to ride with Mr. Sean.   Sean and I were on this trip last year, and busted up laughing about our adventure the previous year.   If you are reading the blog now, you will have to go back to 2023 and find the whitewater tale about a pet goose.   No, don't do that.   It is not that funny...unless you were there.   For me and Sean, still makes me smile.   
Mr. Sean is also an Auburn grad and took his group of scouts through Auburn for a tour, stopping at Toomer's Corner.   This was only a one night campout, and I am sure there were some fun stories, but I did not hear but one for the blog.  And it was not much of a story, but a picture of the stars at Chewacla, where a few of the older boys did a night hike over to the lake.   Davis is the last of his group that still goes on these trips, and each time I pick him up, I assume he will tell me it is his last, but on this Sunday, the first thing he asked me to do was to sign him up for the Coosa Canoe trip in September.   









 

No comments: