Saturday, August 31, 2024

These are the days of August...

Summer is finally coming to an end, and also the various trips, but we still packed in a few fun times during a very very hot August.   I'll start with Ruby beginning school, and talking with her mom about trying to get her phototherapy in while Magan's photo sessions are about to begin.   Magan told her that Davis may have to take her to some of her appointments.   Her eyes lit up and she said "That's ok with me, he has a cool truck".

Ruby also corrected me when I was asking if she would like to take a Limousine to school instead of a bus.   She said "I don't even know what that is, but I would like to ride in a Limo one day".   I guess that would be fun too.   And I can't remember if have shared this last month or not, but during a conversation about the show Hamilton, and listening to some songs from the show, Ruby quietly asked me if they ever found out where that room was.   What room are you talking about?   She said "The room where it happened".   haha, we talked about how in the show, the important thing was the discussions going on in that room, not really the location.   Maybe only Lin Manuel knows where that room actually was.

And I will tell one on myself, where I told Magan I had seen this store advertised online that I needed to get some shorts from, she had never heard of "Fable Ticks" as I pronounced it.   Then she asked if I meant Fabletics (rhyming it with Athletics, and blowing my mind at how much more sense that made), and I said "Well, maybe that is it".  

And the last story is our first meeting with Noel.   Sam was bringing her to the house, and while we know of her, we really don't know her.   I had seen pictures of her, and have probably been in the same room with her on many sundays or wednesdays, but never actually met her.   But it was exciting, and the plans were that Sam was going to spend the day with her, then we would meet her for Dinner at our house.   So on that Friday, I was working at my desk, and Sam had just left to go meet Noel, when Magan yelled "Callix is at the door, and just turned around...go make sure he is still working today" (Callix is one of the Mexican workers helping with the shower).   This is a recurring pattern in our house, Magan gets all animated and excited, then I really don't know what she expects me to do...but apparently on this day, she expected me to run out the front door and see if all was ok, and they were going to work today.   So I ran out the front door and around to the driveway, now even more confused because Callix' truck was not there, but for some reason he was driving a small old car.   Then the garage door was opened, and I heard laughter, so I continued to the garage, now confused on why he would go in her first.   

Inside the garage walking out towards me was Sam smiling and a cute girl at his side with a matching smile.   Slowly (and my mind is very slow in unprepared situations) I started to realize that Sam's car was still in the driveway, and this was Noel.   I was then in complete confusion, not being prepared for this moment so early in the day, so I said Hi, then went in for a hug, but that is weird, maybe side hug, no back it up to a fist pump, but ended with a left foot forward with an awkward hand shake.   And I am pretty sure my first words to her were "Hi, I am Sam's dad, I thought you were a Mexican guy here for the shower".   I think Sam was getting a kick out of this, but also telling me to leave, get out of this situation before you make it even worse.   And so I did, walking back to the front door as they left for the galleria.   I texted him later about that situation being "so awkward!" and that she was beautiful.   I also told him "You know this is all bloggable material, right?"

So what else is going on this month...Ruby and Lisa are continuing to enjoy their stamp collection times.   Sam is visiting with Ivey a little while in Cullman much more recently.   Fun tales of Marcia driving to New York City.   A Perry's porkchop with a drugged up Magan after a routine operation involving a camera in your butt.   One last Lesson from Mayberry with the youth at our home.   Sam and Davis leading at church.   Consignment Sale time.   Game nights with family and friends.   Fun CTech moments.   The shower repair saga continues.   More pictures with Noel.   Scott visits Farley, Hatch, and Vogtle, with a lunch with Bob.   Ruby preps for the Student Representative election (I want You!  Vote for Ruby Judy Lou).      Davis receives his last set of scout merit badges.   Jude is engaged.   Davis and mom both pass out after a full Mexican meal.   




































































 

No comments: