Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disney 2011 - Intermission "Our Home Away from Home"

It seems only a short time back that I was making arrangements for this family vacation to Disney World. The first step was to find a time, which I left to the Shelby County School System and Spring Break worked best. I then needed to find a place that was affordable and would fit all of us (Mom, Dad, Katie, John, Shee', MawMaw, Colby, Mellissa, Ben, and our bunch). So I have several websites that I have used, but ended up going with www.vrbo.com. This worked out well in 2009 for a trip to the beach with Colby.

We ended up with a 6 Bedroom, 4.5 bath, home in a gated community. The home had a pool and jacuzzi (altho we opted not to purchase the heat for the hot tub), and a game room with a pool table and air hockey table. It had two master suites and plenty of room to stretch out in.

The kids loved the upstairs “game room” where they had their own seats and tv. This is where Sam and Davis liked to eat their breakfast in the morning. It was very nice to come home to this place, and to stay up late playing scattegories with everyone one night. I think Colby and Mellissa’s bathroom did not have any hot water, but I don’t know of any other problems we had.

If I ever go back with a large group, this is the place I will stay. You definitely can’t beat the price and the location was great.

Seems like we would have some pictures of the house...but I can't find them...

Here is something Sam added that he wanted to post...
Sam was riding Splash Mountain with his friends at DisneyWorld. Yeah!! Where is my dog. I want a dog. Where is my dog. no where. I rode Thunder Mountain. It is my favorite ride. I rode it when I was 3, it was still my favorite ride. It was fun!

No comments: