Friday, March 1, 2013

Chelsea Park Elementary Living Museum


Welcome to the Chelsea Park Elementary Living Museum.  Above you may notice Orville Wright played by Sam Junkin.  Each of the Living Museum characters would remain frozen until you pressed the button on them.  Belle pressed Sam's button above, and Orville Wright came alive stating "My name is Orville Wright.  We heard that the Germans were building an airplane, so my brother and I built one before them.  I flew the first flight.  I died in Denver in 1948".  I am sad that I was unable to go, but Magan said that Sam did great reciting this as the museum visitors passed by and pressed his button.

Belle had fun at this museum also, getting to meet Queen Elizabeth, George Washington, Charles Lindbergh, Pocohantas (of course), Albert Einstein, Elvis Presley, and Helen Keller to name a few (all shown below).  I think she just liked pushing the buttons.  It was a really neat idea, and Sam had a blast.  He loves history right now, and is constantly reading about the presidents.









No comments: