Wednesday, March 12, 2014

DisneyWorld Day 5 - EPCOT

This was Magan's first day with ALL the kids by herself.  My training began on this overcast Wednesday, and she took them on the monorail to EPCOT.  Her goal was to get to the Frozen Princesses in Norway before the lines...and at Norway she found THE line.  The Frozen Princesses are apparently the hottest item in Disney, and not just because of Anna's smoking hot boots.  A 3 hour line and Magan said it was by then raining on the people in this line.  So we got some pictures of the princesses, and will tell Belle that that little girl was her.  :)  

Fast Pass Plans for the day
  • The Seas with Nemo (2:00 PM)
  • The Land (4:00 PM)
  • Soarin (5:30 PM)
Supper Reservations - The German Biergarten (06:30 PM)


What do you do when the Frozen line is 3 hours? and it is raining?  Hang out in Norway.  You can tell Davis is still getting used to the dark rides on Maelstrom.  They all told me about the trolls because they knew how much I liked the trolls.  Sadly I did not get a chance to visit Norway this trip.  But I am glad Magan got the horn picture.



So much money spent on pins and pin trading.  Sam and Davis:  Your smiles at this Disney racket keep sucking the money right out of my pocket.  Stop Disney stop.  And Davis made me want to buy him as many pins as he wanted.  His first set he traded for all of the Orange Bird, as he knows it is my favorite.  And then he gave them all to me and said these are for you because you like them so much.  ...tear... then...after I buy another pack...I KNOW...he gets a mickey ear pin that has a collared shirt on the pin with a shirt pocket.  He said he got that one because "sometimes when you travel to Georgia, I miss you, and this will help me remember you".  Dear me, love that boy.





The Line...The Rain...





So guess where else is the bestest place for Davis.  The Living Seas.  Magan said he just sat here watching the turtle as long as it would stay.  And yes, he saw scuba divers.  Davis is above teaching onlookers about the turtle and its habitat.




After the Land, and Magan said they liked it so much, they rode it twice.  Alas, another of my favorites missed.  I finally was able to catch up to them to ride Soarin.  This put us in somewhat of a time crunch as Soarin TAKES FOREVER even with a fastpass.  And I rode it with the kids, then Magan rode with the kids.  Then off to our dinner reservation in Germany.




This was my second visit to the German Biergarten, and I think we all loved it.  It is family style seating, so we were joined by a lady and her daughter from New Jersey.  We were able to catch the last show of the night @ 8:25 PM, and my little princess joined me for a little chicken dance.







While Magan fed Ruby, me and the kids watched the evening fireworks...the boys were treated by a local Deutche madchen to some free soft pretzels as we were watching the fireworks.  I guess it was closing time and we were closest to the cart.  We then piled in with everyone else getting back to the monorail...Magan and Belle found some fun time to make some "funny face" pictures.  And Sam is a little heavy to be Simba.






I am not a big fan of pictures out of order, but the pictures are out of order anyway.  Sam was having a bad morning....Sam look at your face in the EPCOT ball picture!  And Duffy the Bear, I thought this was a joke, it clearly has no resonance with anyone, why would anyone like this bear that Disney just...made up.  But the kids love Duffy and HAD to meet him and get his picture.  Wow, Disney markets so well, DIS is up to $80/share today...just saying.  








No comments: