Monday, July 18, 2016

Road Trip - Day 4 (IKEA/Discovery Center/Knights)

I wasn't there, but the rides at IKEA look pretty bad, so I am glad I didn't go on that trip.  Magan took the kids to IKEA then the Discover Center science museum, while I was in conference, but it ended a little early so I was able to join them at the science center to see the rubix cube exhibit. 
 
We then got ready for the Charlotte Knights triple-A baseball game.  Their stadium was right across the street from our hotel.  It was Festivus Night at the game and they had the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld at the game.  I wanted to get my picture with him, but it was about a 45 minute line.  Interesting food selection, I got a Chicken, BBQ sauce, slaw, mac and cheese, in a waffle cone.  Interesting...not as good as it sounds, but interesting.  We had some good seats out in right field, but a crazy janitor lady that kept sweeping up anything we laid down...taking our drinks, fries, and souvenir ball hats...After getting replacements for all of this, we did not see her again...sweeping up, but we did keep an eye on our stuff at all times after that.  Maybe it was Magan shooing her away, then screaming at her "NO SOUP FOR YOU". 
 
Ruby was so happy to see the Queen mascot, and when her and belle when to get a picture, the rest of the gang gathered around.  They say and watched these mascots for awhile, and pointed at the scary dragon.  Davis and Sam pitched some fastballs, I think Davis was at 38 mph, and Sam at 41 mph.  I don't remember much baseball, but I do remember lots of smiles.  And that all made me happy.  I seemed to never sit down much...at one time getting Sam, Davis, and Belle some dipping dots...then when I was back in my seat, Ruby came over and said "Daddy, get Ruby Ice Cream?"...Dear me, can't say no to those beautiful eyes.  She even took my picture in the last one below. 
 
 































No comments: