Thursday, August 11, 2022

Back to School

Sam is a senior this year, and Davis a sophomore.  They ride to school each day together, and usually come home after robotics, but now that Sam drives to CTEC, on many days he is home by about 2:45, just driving straight home from Columbiana.  

Belle is in the 7th grade, and our lone rider of the Middle School bus, and Ruby is in the 3rd grade, and our lone rider of the Forest Oaks Elementary bus.  We have slipped back into our morning routine, where Ruby pretty much does everything in the morning, getting the cat fed, getting everyone's water ready, and getting her snack prepared.   I make sure the coffee is ready, and try to have something prepared for breakfast.  Ruby passes out the vitamins, and since I am big, I get two...so she digs thru the vitamins to find two that are stuck together.   We pretend that it is her and me, stuck together like buddies forever...which we laugh when we can't find any stuck together, as those are sad days.  

I love love my mornings with the girls sitting on the steps for a few minutes waiting for the bus.   Ruby will tap on the window to the dining room if I get distracted with that "work" thing I am supposed to be doing.  Then I get to sit and chat with them just a little bit before the school day begins.   Not much interaction with those boys, but they both usually jump over and give me a side hug before they leave each day.  Sam is the one always on time, and getting ready early, while Davis is constantly oversleeping and barely ready in time to go with Sam.  Sam and Davis also both join many young ones now from church to eat at Sneaky Pete's on Friday mornings.  

Magan gets videos of them all telling about their first day of school, you can see the pics of them sitting in the interrogation chair below.  Yeah, you know the boys love this time.   :)  And Ruby put together a fun Exclusive Story for her new teacher, Mrs Long (Same teacher Davis had in third, but she was Miss Fincher then).  A few snippets below from her paper...

Important Event in her life:  On Friday, I had a mommy daddy Ruby day.  We got to go to Metro Diner.   My dad and I had chicken and pancakes.  After, I had no idea that I was going to go to Chuck E Cheese.   I was going to Check E Cheese.   We got one hour to play.  While me and dad were playing a game, my mom was winning balls.  And we were running to get the card, and we left.  

Meet My Hero, My Dad:  He puts me to bed every day.   And I have to have a hug or I can not sleep.   He helps me when I have chores.   He is really my HERO!

The Inside Scoop:  I am 8 years old.  I am in the 3rd Grade.   My teacher is Mrs. Long.   The members of my family are sam, davis, scott, magan, anabelle.  Some of my friends are presley, scarlett, layton, jordan.   My favorite food is pizza.   My favorite sport is AHG.  My favorite TV show is "Hey Jessie".  My favorite song is "Thunder".   My favorite school activity is art.   When I grow up I want to be a teacher.  The nickname I'd choose for myself is Lou.  

Awesome Ad:  Watch Star Wars, it's great.   They did a good job.  

The fees and charges are currently flooding in...but I think it usually ends in October.   This promises to be an interesting year, with trying to get Sam prepped for college.  Seems like just yesterday he was that little guy below taking his sleeping mat to kindergarten.  





























No comments: