Friday, January 5, 2024

One Last Christmas Post

From Magan's Facebook Post:  I love our shrinking chair pics (we finally had to expand off the chair this year b/c I thought the arms might break). I love the fake smiles and awkward ages, bad haircuts and the soft cheeks and baby rolls too.  Some years this corner was the only clean spot in the house, every year everyone moaned and drug themselves to the chair for the “Tree Picture”, on Sunday morning before church.  But I love these kids no matter how fussy their britches might be and love the crazy way they’ve made our life so wonderful.  

I made an attempt to get them in the right order, and I think it was successful, but if not, Oh well, I tried.  As I am writing this, I look over into the Christmas Tree Corner to see the biennial pile of clothes in preparation of the consignment sale.   So these look much better.   I wish I could just step back into these moments, hold you little guys one more time, give them another squeeze on those little faces.  These blogs do strange things sometimes...they hold the memories well...but when they stack together to show the passing of time, it can bring one old man to tears.   I love each one of you guys so much.   But I must admit that I love watching you each grow doing some pretty amazing things.   So I'll take the memories, stacked if they must, because there are more on the horizon...and I am looking forward to what's next.   

















No comments: