Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me (MAGAN)

This is something I was tagged in on Facebook and since I took the time to think about it and write it, I am posting it here too :)
It is fun to get to know one another better, you should do one too!

1. I have been tagged in about 5 or 6 of these things and have loved reading each one, so thought I'd take time out to write something too :)

2. I am a christian, wife, mother (of 2 boys), daughter, sister, friend, teacher, photographer...... the list could go on and on. Each job is special and important to me. I have ALWAYS wanted to have my own family. My friends used to call me Momma Magan in school.

3. Photography is the newest on my list. It goes back to my friends and family who encouraged me to go for it. Thanks guys! I love every minute of it, from rolling on the ground to making babies laugh to seeing the finished products.
Just in case you are interested this is my fan page on FACEBOOK. Copy and paste the link-
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Lily-White-Photography/55390252517?sid=724183fabd65065267bd657f93360c38&ref=s

4. I am sometimes a perfectionist about things I am working on. Scott keeps me grounded and helps me remember when something just doesn't matter that much. But if I am sitting and looking at a crooked picture I can't resist straightening it.

5. Before I had kids, I liked to keep the house very neat and tity. Since I have had kids, I keep the house clean but don't worry so much about messy. Toys seem to pop out of couch cushions and slide under my feet even after I have spent an hour picking a room up.

6. I am not a good speller and have probably mispelled words in this note :)
When I taught school I kept a spell checker near the chalkboard and in my desk. Now I use WORD to double check myself.

7. I LOVE playing ball especially when it is a big group of friends, but I am not very competitive. Don't get me wrong I want to play with people who know how to play (especially in volleyball), I might even rub it in if I am on the winning team, but I don't REALLY care who wins just that we had fun playing.

8. In Jr. High and High School I played a lot of sports,but wasn't all that great at any of them. I once got the craziest award in Basketball called the "Most Team Spirited" HAHAHA, I laugh about it still. Like I said love sports, love cheering for my friends, just don't have much of a competitive drive.

9. I don't like it when people are mad at me but will stand up for something if I think it is the right thing to do.

10. Communication is the key to relationship troubles 98 percent of the time. This doesn't always come easy for me. I even need time to think about what is bothering me sometimes. When Scott and I got married we agreed "Never to go to bed angry" I am thankful for the little decisions that have made such an impact on my life.

11. I hate going to bed without Scott. He sleeps on his stomach and I like to snuggle up back to back. He goes to sleep in about 1 minute and his deep breathing makes me fall asleep. I miss the days we got to sleep in until 8:30.

12. If I am holding a sleeping baby I can hardly stay awake, think it is the peaceful breathing. And I love holding sleeping babies. Especially my big brown eyed baby boys!

13. My dad passed away in 2004 with brain cancer. The year he was so sick and the year follwing his death were the hardest years of my life to date. I will always love and miss him SO much. I wish my children could know him and his warm spirit. I am thankful he didn't have to suffer any more than he did. I don't think I could have made it through without my wonderful husband, family, and friends.

14. I believe that we have to work every day to preserve the things we love. Our actions, choices, and reactions all matter. Life is too short and we only get one chance! Don't take the easy way out.

15. Some of my favorite drinks are Mountain Dew, Sweet tea, and Vanilla Bean Frappicinos w/ a shot of expresso.

16. I love to paint, decorate, and especially make POTTERY. This is one hobby I truly miss. I took it like 4 or 5 times in College and would love to get on a wheel TODAY! It releaves my stress and I love creating new things.

17. Protecting our family is one of the biggest responisbilities we have here on this Earth. I pray that above all my boys will love God and keep his commandments. That our sins will not be hidden.

18. I am kind of a pansy when it comes to scary movies. I used to watch them and they were o.k., but I can't do it any more. The RING ruined it for me. I saw that girl all of the time and felt like she was going to climb out from under my bed. When I saw a puddle of water or turned the lights off.
How do children handle being IN movies like that?

19. Scott and I started dating at K-mart and used to stay in the parking lot a little too long after work. We used to make jokes about the sweeper guy who came to clean the parking lot. On more than one occasion, mom threatened to make me quit my job if I couldn't make it home sooner.

20. I played the saxophone in the band and loved playing Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera. My sister played the French Horn and we had a solo together, it was pretty awesome. It is hard to explain how much more music means to you when you are the one making the music. Your whole body tingles down to your toes.

21. During marching season I was on the colorguard. Another remarkable feeling is when you MARCH out on the field and hear the whistle to begin your performance. Wow! I loved that too!

22. I love going anywhere! When you are with friends and with people you love you can have fun sitting on a bench in the post office. But I do prefer traveling to see new things or to get out for the day and drive. I especially love going out to eat and to the movies.

23. Scott makes fun of me b/c when I get to go out by myself to run errands. I like to open the sun roof and feel the sun on my face. I always turn the radio up and breath fresh air. A lot of the time, I forget to close the sun roof. Thankfully, it hasn't rained on it yet :)

24. I miss friends and things about each place I have lived.

25. I love history, but I want to be told the history behind things. I don't want to read it all. I wish I could sit for hours and talk to older people and see how their lives have taught them what they know. So much wisdom and memories.

I think I could do this all day, but guess I should stop at 25 :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your list! Thanks for sharing it!