Monday, January 26, 2009

To be Eggs or Not to be Eggs

I don't love eggs myself now, but as a kid growing up I loved what we called "squish eggs" I gag a little thinking of eating them now. Scott doesn't like them either so we usually either eat a well done fried egg or scrambled eggs. The kids have only ever tried scrambled and they don't eat them very well. SO, I got up the other morning and made squish eggs(sunny side up) for them. I let Sam see it and pointed out that it looked like a sunshine. His little eyes and nose were stretched over the top of the counter to see what I was showing him. He appeared to love this idea, so I took his hand and put it on the fork and let him help me "Squish" the sunshine and make the eggs ready for eating. As we did this, he said "Oooo, somtin smells stinty," (something smells stinky) then he looked at the egg we had "squished" and said "Dats yuty mom" (That's yucky mom) I tried talking him into it and halved the egg into two bowls. I sat both boys in front of their eggs. Sam was squirming b/c he know I usually make him try at least one bite and he DID NOT want to. Then I put Davis in his seat. He loves to eat, so he took his spoon and dove right in. I watched for a reaction over by the stove were he couldn't see me. As soon as that egg entered his mouth, it came flying out and back into the bowl. He stuck his tongue out and started wiping it off with the wash rag while saying "Shew" and pushing the bowl far across the table. I got tickled and couldn't help laughing out loud. My next attempt was with the fried "well done" egg. I even put cheese on top of it. Sam was thrilled to see that I had made an alternative and that he didn't have to try the "stinky squish egg" He took one bite and that was it for him. He was finished. Davis fiddled around with it for a long time, which made me think the morning had been a success, at least for one child. When I went to get him down and see what he had eaten of his egg, all I saw was tiny little finger marks were he had tried his best to scrape the cheese off and eat it. :) Oh Well, better luck next time I try! Something that they loved to eat was Ice cream at the Bass Pro shop! I am going to throw some of those pictures on this post as well. John was with us too, but some how we only managed to get him in a video, not pictures sorry John. WHAT A PLACE!!! I had no idea what we were going to the Saturday that we went. That place was crazy and the boys loved it. If you haven't been yet you should go at least once to see it. I just had to add these pictures of Davis tearing into some corn. <

3 comments:

Vaughn said...

Magan, we would have loved to see you and Scott and the boys! Next time you are in Prattville, give us a call. 334-730-0199 (h) or 334-651-5650 (c)

Magan said...

We went to the one in Leeds. Is that near Prattville? Hahaha, I just get in the car and ride. with no attention to where we are going. I think it is near Trussville though.
But if we are headed your way, we will give you a holler!

Courtney said...

Caroline isn't much of an egg eater either. She will take a few bites of scrambled, but then loses intrest.

The pics of your boys are super cute! Looks like a fun outing.

Still trying to decide about the pics!