Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Mom turns 40

So I would like to take credit for the streamers and celebration of Magan's life, but that set up was done by Davis.  He does a much better job that I would ever do, except for the dyslexic 40 on Magan's door.  Other than that, it was great.  Magan uses each day of celebration to highlight my failures as a husband on these days, calling her mom to let her know about the chicken and dumplings she had to cook that evening for her birthday, then complaining to Marcia about always getting a cake that was Christmas themed (I did not know this complaining was going on as I was at Winn Dixie at the time getting her a cookie cake...well, with a giant snowman saying Merry Christmas...in my opinion getting the best value for the money due to the large amount of icing required for the snowman).  But I guess I know how she feels, I was once in grade school and remember how exciting I wanted my birthday to be.  Don't worry, she never reads these blogs anyway.  But she also knows my cynical views on birthdays all too well.  We did get to go to Mt. Fuji a few days later for her favorite meal.  The heart shaped rice piles were a first for us to see at the hibachi grill, the cook telling us the first one was american, and the second japanese...he said it, not me.  :)  

 












 

No comments: