Saturday, May 18, 2024

Aladdin - Middle School Theatre Show

 Anabelle seems to love the stage, and love singing, so musical theater is perfect for her.   This year the middle school performed Aladdin.  And Belle had a few quick solos....and did amazing with each.   And while I am in the role of bias dad, I will quickly say she would have made a much better Jasmine (just did not have the middle eastern features from her Mom or Dad...Sorry Belle).   Her friend Isabella Grace (or AG to Anabelle or as friends call her sometimes AB) did a great job as the Genie, doing a great tap dance routine during "Friend Like Me".   Her other good friend Hannah played the magic carpet.   

Our family attended both shows, but the boys only came on the Friday night test run.   Both nights were great, but only on Friday did the set fall over onto Jasmine at one point.   We were happy that Granny, Granddaddy, and MawMaw could be with us on Saturday, then join us for pizza at the house afterwards.  Belle also had two of her mentors from Church there (Mrs. Janie and Mrs. Jane).   She is still shy a little singing around us at home, but I think the whole family smiles when she cuts loose a little in the kitchen and really starts singing.   I have my fingers crossed that Les Miserables shows up at Chelsea High School sometime in the next 4 years.   Until then, I know Belle was excited to be selected for the Show Choir next year.   I am a little weirded out by this show choir stuff right now, but I am sure I will be pulled in soon.   





















No comments: