Friday, May 24, 2024

Another May gone by...

Granddaddy got us the perfect tickets for a Stallions game.   We got to be in the suite level, with free food and drinks during an amazing football game.   We all met for lunch up in Fultondale, then loaded all into the van for the game.   In the game, they had an Atlanta Braves tent set up where Ben, Davis, and Sam got to make their own baseball card, which was pretty cool, but did take up all their pre-game time and a little of the 1st quarter.   On top of amazing tickets, Granddad also spoiled the boys with some really awesome Stallions ball caps.   While they were waiting in line for the ball card, I went down to the field and watched AJ McCarron practice for the other team.   Haha, Granddad will remember that we had lots of tries for this group picture at the Stallions game, glad this one turned out below.   We saw a 61 yard field goal, which is pretty rare.   Sometimes managing a paint store has some pretty cool perks, and on this day I know all of those boys loved their pretty cool Granddad.   First Down Stallions!   Giddy Up!

Magan sent me a sweet note between her and Sam just after he came home for the summer break.   Sam:  "Mom, I missed hearing Belle sing in the shower".   Mom:  "So your RA room mate doesn't sound like that when he showers?"  

Haha, I can't remember if I shared, but I know I mentioned that the girls were a little scared when I brought home the dolls from the Dominican Republic.   One night as I was tucking Ruby in to sleep and she said her prayers, my arm was under her pillow for a hug, and I grabbed the doll with that hand, so that when Ruby turned that way to sleep, the little doll was looking at her and waving it's little hand.   She screamed big time....hahaha...Sorry Ru, hope you still have your doll and haven't thrown it away like "Tina" (Reference...Twilight Zone).

What else went on this month?   We had small group at Mrs Janies house...Ruby joined me and the boys for a really fun disc golf day, and she wants to play more, so I gotta get her back out soon.   Davis almost caught a duck during this golf outing...Our church group had 4 HS graduates this year...Davis and Addison still hanging out...lots of EOY choir concerts...A sleeping bag present for being married to me for 23 years, that works...And some pictures of some Grandmamas on Mothers Day...One picture of MawMaw with Sean of the South.   She had some awesome seats and good stories of both him and the Three on a String, but hoping that might make it's own blog on another day...

And a slew of Northern Lights pictures.   This is clearly (in my opinion) a crazy thing that only happens with social media and iphone technology.   But people went crazy with it in Alabama.   It still seems crazy funny to me when I am yelled at to come outside and see the sky.   To which I do go outside and it looks like it looks on every other night.   "No, stop looking up there, look at my phone, this is what it really looks like"   Hahaha...Scott silently walks back into his house letting the crazies take over facebook with their pictures of the "Northern Lights".   


































































No comments: