Friday, September 27, 2024

Days of Davis

There you go Davis...all the sweet words of your sweet momma that all are captured on Facebook anyway, but now they are here with a few of the pictures she shared. No way I am going to grab all of them that she posted. As her one picture a day is not even something she can fathom.

"I kept finding pictures of my little snuggle baby, so I thought I’d do one post of all those sweet hugs and kisses. The scuba suit that he wore almost daily until it became shorts on his legs and he couldn’t squeeze it on anymore. Also the year his dad carried him on his shoulders most of the night bc he would not take the flippers off but they were so hard to walk in Davis has always liked giving “love” more than receiving it. It comes in the form of a bear hug or a tackle usually Fred and Maui. Courtesy of Nicole Fincher Long and adopted by Samantha Coats and Jennifer Schlenker Reaves For their classrooms. He was only ok with knowing they’d be played with and surrounded by those kids Almost forgot today! The few times I actually got to put a tie and jacket him. He’s usually burning up and those two items come off fast It has been challenging finding pics of Davis with clothes on bc he always just wore underwear when he was little around the house. The child was born burning up and he shed clothes faster than I could keep them on him, so I gave up after a while. I have to share one of my favorites of him even though he’s only in underwear, bc he also never stopped climbing things once he figured out he could Thanks for letting me blow up your feed with more than one picture a day of Davis Junkin (bc we all know I have a camera permanently glued to my hand). It’s been good for my brain and mostly good for my heart to spend a little bit of time looking back at the last 18 years of this guys’ life. I told a friend I distinctly remember praying that we’d know how to tame him without breaking his spirit of adventure He’s always willing to try something new whether it’s food or something new to ride, drive, climb, or build. He drives us crazy and makes us belly laugh all within minutes of each other. Your heart is sometimes bigger than your brain and I love you for it. Hold onto your fun loving spirit and help keep us all young as long as possible! We are so so proud of you and all the ways you work and do your best. Can’t believe those lashes are getting ready to walk across that stage with the Class of 2025!!!!! I am not quite ready to think about that part yet, for now I’m going to watch baby diaper videos. Love you, Dav!!!!"


























 

No comments: