Monday, August 8, 2011

Of Travel we’ve had our share, man…we’ve been everywhere

We’ve been to Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama.

We stayed in 4 cities (Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, DC, Charlotte) for 15 nights, traveling over 2000 miles.

We heard that Adele “Could have had it all”, and Bruno would even “jump on a grenade fo ya” but then he got lazy cause “today [he’s] not doing anything”. But most of all I remember hearing Jason (not Justin) singing to Kelly “Don’t you want to stay here a little while”.

We saw much road construction (Pittsburgh, DC…you know I’m talking to you). And we saw our share of gas station bathrooms. We found out Davis’ bladder is the size of a pea, and Sam shares his dad’s post lunch BM requirement. We learned that Sam likes to tie things up in his back seat and make all sorts of things while in that back seat. And we are thankful for the inventor of the pacifier for Belle.


We have also found some additional travel companions that worked wonders, and I will give props to them now…The GPS, The 5 Hour Energy Drink, and the apple IPAD.

First…the GPS…This was a last minute purchase just prior to the trip, and was first used on this trip. Marvelous. I have truly been missing out for this great tool. Going to an HD tv was great, instant wifi with the IPOD touch has been grand, the invention of an indoor toilet was wonderful…but the GPS…my new friend TomTom…This is the invention that has taken our civilization to the next level. I am fairly good with maps, but the downtown areas are a pain for me to navigate. Not anymore…Beverly (The selected TomTom Voice) took us anywhere we wanted to go alleviating any frustrations that could have occurred.

Second…the Five Hour Energy Drink…I am guessing this is not something you want to make a habit of, but this hopped up dose of super vitamins was really like a super boost of energy for the after lunch drives while everyone else was asleep. For some reason it also made me think of Beatles songs but would not let my inner monologue sing anything other than the chorus.

Third…the IPAD…This was nice for Magan to have access to the internet over the many miles of travel, but more nicer for Sam and Davis waking up early in the same room with Belle that sleeps a little later. They could turn on a Netflix kids movie and watch in the hotel room each morning before she got up. With my ipod touch, we could also get both of them playing Angry Birds without waking up belle…and did I mention it also gave Magan and I a little more sleep time.

Our trip took us through some bad days for the Braves, although Freddy Freeman (1B) and Dan Uggla (2B) kept a hitting streak the whole time we were gone. Sam decided to be a Pirates fan…more on that later.
I have just picked out the pictures for the blogs, and my current breakdown puts the road trip blogs at about 12…so I may be finished by the end of the year.



No comments: