Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Road Trip 2011 - Washington DC (Mt. Vernon)

After a wonderful church service in Centreville, VA, where we met one man from Pleasant Grove and the preacher that used to preach at Hueytown, we finally found our way to a Ruby Tuesday for Sunday lunch. And they say she looks like Magan. Look at those faces, too sweet. Our next stop after lunch....Mt. Vernon. This was a really beautiful place even with the construction going on. And such a peaceful place out in the country. Easily my favorite day in the DC area. I don't know if it was the front lawn where the kids could run and play, the great museum that to me was just as good as the smithsonians, or the really cool house tour. Just a fun place to be, oh...and possibly the fact that there were not thousands of folks here either.




Look at the size of this tree, and I swear right before we came up to this tree, bigfoot came out from behind it. Or at least it was some wooly guy that made me jump back because I thought I had walked right into some beef jerky commercial.




I don't think the house is listed for sale, but I am guessing it would go for a good deal nowadays.

Wow, look at Sam. One day he will look at this blog and see how greatly he could act out "miserable". :) And little Bellybug just a smiling. I think Magan wanted a picture of the walkway to and from the other houses, probably something I could put together one day when I build our dreamhouse.









The front lawn of the house was amazing. A huge green field sloping down towards the water. What a view! The kids loved running about, Davis flying his new model plane, and Sam playing with Belle.















Back at the museum, they had some really great scenes from George Washington's life. We got the kids a book about his teeth, and he really had some issues. We also got to look at his real dentures made from hippo tusks.







Magan really liked this painting of Washington praying. We purchased a smaller framed version that is now in our kitchen. I like it too.




No comments: