Saturday, December 17, 2022

Chelsea Christmas Parade

So what is the theme?   That is the most important part that you must first get down before the float begins decorations.   And thus the girls began decorating the "Sugar Plum Fairies" float.   Decorations the night before went well, except for the people that were in charge of decorating forgetting to bring anything to decorate with...Magan and I have long discussions sometimes at night and have come to realize that others are not planners as much as we seem to be.  :)  And while I see behind the scenes of all that Magan does for this troop, she really was born to lead these girls, and she is excellent at it.   

The morning of the big parade was cold, but not as bad as we were dreading.   We arrived at Liberty Baptist to meet up with all of the other little girls and get them into pink frilly tutus (should they need one).   Our girls were more than happy to dress as beautiful sugar plum fairy princesses.   Belle's dress was one that Magan had for herself, and one that I got into some trouble the previous month telling Belle that she was the most beautiful girl ever in that dress....Magan said...ummm, that's my dress.   Yikes, I just ran out of the room.   And Magan was easily the best Sugar Plum Fairy Queen.   

I dropped Magan and the girls at Liberty, and drove to the end of the parade and parked at Winn Dixie, then ran back to our spot in the parade to get started.  The starting line is fun to walk down as we are old Chelsea folks now and while I know a few, only a few don't know Magan, and typically know that I am linked to magan by a thin facebook picture here and there.   Which means, there are a lot of "Hi Scott, Where is Magan" questions coming from random strangers.  There was a really cool National Lampoons Christmas Vacation car in the lineup, and a fun 3 wheeled grinch mobile.   

The girls had a blast.   We threw lots of candy out, and blew lots of bubbles.   Magan waving the bubble wands was magical as the kids smiled at the fairy queen.  And while I thought I was just imagining it, it was later confirmed by other adults walking with us...there were so many cries of "Magan", you would have thought we were Santa float.   Maybe alot of this was just in my head, but I am thinking she was High school Homecoming Queen, and then College Homecoming Queen...if they took votes, I bet she would win Chelsea Christmas Parade queen.   

Belle and Ruby did well also, Belle showing off her wings, and both of them with their beautiful crowns.   We finished this year at the front of the parade, so once we got back in line, the girls got lots of candy, and got to watch a large portion of the parade.  By this time, with no more walking, the chill was setting in, and I was ready to see those horses (horses at the end, right before santa).   I did get to see my old pal Randy Fowler I worked with for years.   We joked about pork skins and which old guys were still working.   And the yearly chit chat with my ALFA agent that I always end up near during this parade.  

Sam and Davis parked at the new cul-de-sac where we used to watch the parade, but Davis is a bit more social than Sam, so he ran off to be with his buddies (get this, all were guys on this day).   And Sam just hung out by himself.  But he said after we passed by, he just watched from the heat of his car.   I don't know how many years I have marched in this parade, I guess I could ask the blogs. OK, found it...Sam and I walked in the parade first in 2011.  A fun event each year, love watching the smiles on those little girl faces.     

 

































No comments: