Sunday, December 18, 2022

Watch out for those Carolers!

We had a lot traveling this year, and due to an upswing in the flu/covid/crud going around, I had alot of our older ones opt out of the caroling this year, but we had a good group and had a fun time singing some Christmas songs.   We got to be with Mrs. Linda (twice) Justice, Mrs. Retha Vinsant, Tom and Donice Cox, Mrs. Ginger Street, Flynn and Jeanette Gerald, Larry and Wanda Harrison, and Martha and Vince Decker.

The boys crack up each time singing about the figgy pudding, and I was the designated song leader this year (so hit or miss sometimes).   Apparently Jingle Bells starts off with some dashing thru the snow...but I always started it with Jingle Bells.   After services we began with a good meal from Freddy's.   And "Deck the Halls" is just a weird song, I have no idea what 60% of the words I am singing even mean.   We need to change that up next year.  But the girls were all happy because last year I had forgotten all the lines about figgy pudding.  

 

















No comments: