Sunday, June 4, 2023

Oak Mountain Prep Hike to King's Chair

One of our many 6-8 mile prep hikes for the Grand Canyon.   Although I really don't know how we can prep for that beast.   Mainly just testing out my knees and their boots.   And good test run on this day, as Sam's new boots would not cut it, he had to bow out due to blisters after the first 3 miles.   But that is what the test runs are for, he has since been wearing them all day every day to work to break them in.   Davis has some sweet pair of hiking boots that look more like tennis shoes, and has never had any issues with his...so what about my knees.   On these hikes, no issues.   Sitting at my desk the other day typing on the computer all day, couldn't walk right because of knee pain.  Don't understand it.   Davis and I kept going and made it to the top.   King's Chair is a great lookout, and one that I hope to visit several hundred more times before these knees give out.   Snake count = 1 little biddy one.  Who walks the slowest pace?   Easily me.   






No comments: