Tuesday, July 16, 2024

New Orleans Day 3 - City Walking Tour

Wow, I don't have any notes for this day, and I blame Magan for not sending me any.   My day was just boring conferences all day.   But Marcia had a full day for the rest of the crew...a day they would never forget.   They first traveled by trolley over into the Garden District where they walked to see many many houses.   Then they took the trolley back to the French Quarter, where they walked down bourbon street long enough to see places the kids should not see, then went over to Jackson square to the large church, and visit the original Cafe Du Monde.   It was a ridiculous amount of miles on this day (maybe they said 15), and while Ruby I heard at one point was on the verge of tears, I know they were all smiling when I got back to the hotel.   I am sure the kids will have fond memories of this day when they recall, because by that time the pains in their legs will be gone.   They certainly saw much more of the city than they would have without Aunt Marcia.   I was very glad that Marcia and James were with our crew, as the things I had planned may have been lighter on the feet, but were certainly boring compared to the full city tour.   




























































No comments: