Tuesday, January 4, 2022

DISNEY Day 4 - Downtown Disney

The pictures below are all backwards in time order, which make me frustrated in these blogs.  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong by about blog day 8 or so...but I am apparently not bothered enough to load them again.  But the pictures of this day and our morning perfectly show each of the kids working stations throughout the house.  Sam set up shop at the table directly across from me, but his secondary place was outside at the table near the pool.  Davis was either in the floor of the living room, or laid back on the bed in his room, laptop in lap.  Both boys with ear buds in constantly listening to music.  Belle was almost always upstairs in her room working on the bed, although much like Magan, she also needs a show or movie on the TV to "help her work".  So in Belle's case, I don't know how many Hallmark movies she got thru this first week, but it was more than one.  And Ruby was a floater, roaming from room to room, usually with a snack.  And I don't see mom, I am pretty sure she was with us in the house this day, but maybe up in her room...probably watching a Hallmark movie too.  

I do know that mom was up early with me on this morning.  "Why are you up so early?"...She replied "That cracking in the bathtub kept waking me up".  So the condo was great, but that was one issue.  The Master bathroom tub was very creaky as one would take a shower.  It did not bother me much, but it woke Magan up on this day, and she was across from me on the couch with some coffee at 6:15AM.  Let's just say I starting taking a shower downstairs on the following work days.  Belle and Ruby were also up fairly early and already out and in the pool.  Magan had bought some frozen chicken nuggets for lunch on this day, and after warming them up, we all realized the only thing we had for sauce was mustard.  Not the best meal day.   

But our fun activity for this day was a trip to Disney Springs.  I really can't remember the last time we were at Disney Springs (Ok, just found it in the blogs...May 6th, 2016...and it was Downtown Disney then.  Ha, that was easy, pulled a picture of the crew back then into this post).  But after work and school, we jumped in the van and headed into the World again.  I did remember our first trip and being amazed at the parking garage.  I am still amazed.  So amazed I had to take pictures of the parking lights and indicators that show how many spots are available on each row, and exactly where those open spots are.  That is amazingly efficient, and my mind is blown at this parking garage feature.  But can Disney do something else to blow my mind...YES, they can...As we passed through the World of Disney, the kids finally started breaking into their souvenir money, and adding things to the shopping cart.  But I scanned all of this stuff on my phone in the store, paid for it on my phone, and never had to wait in any of the long cashier lines.  WHAT!  amazing!  Just show receipt at the mobile order cart, grab a bag and leave.  Mind double blown.

So now the girls both have some Minnie ears, Davis has a fun Orange Bird to ride around with him, and I am scoping out 50th anniversary shirts.  I have my eye on one, Sam and I looked at it, and both feel it clearly looks like a Tomorrowland janitor shirt, so I probably won't get it.  But there is something about it...We did find a fun photopass booth where we took pictures in front of a green screen.  So we had no idea what pictures we had, but were pretty happy with how they came out.  They put Ruby into The Little Mermaid scenes, and Anabelle into Encanto (We later all thought if Belle had some big round glasses, she could easily be Mirabel Madrigal for Halloween!).  Ruby was surprised that this giant Disney (Ruby rarely says it anymore, but I can still hear her say Densney in her cute little voice) place only had one pin trading store...that was all we saw.  We also found that we did not need all those quarters and pennies we brought down...now all smash pennies are with a credit card.  

So that was all for the shopping, it was time to get some food for supper, we were all hungry, and I started making bad decisions trying to please Magan.  Haha, I try to find meals that might be better than just a burger and chicken fingers, so we tried some asian food that was expensive, and there wasn't much in the means of food for what we paid for.  Oh well.  I finally made both Magan and the kids happier when I went for a long food run while they were finishing up shopping.  I found the Poutine (Canadian style is apparently what we like that has gravy and cheese curds with the fries) Magan was craving and some Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels (or as Ruby currently calls them Prinzels).  These lines for the food counters were just a small taste of what we would experience later in the parks.  A fun day, but time to go back home.  The only other thing that was very vivid in all of our memories was the impact of that Asian food on Davis' digestive system.  






































No comments: