Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Family Day at Six Flags

I was sad that I had to miss this trip, but loved getting the updates throughout the day while I was stuck in meetings in Baltimore.  It started as a group of 11, but grew to get the group discount, picking up Sarah Beth and Linley.  I did get a few stories that were humorous to me, so I will share what I heard, and what made me laugh.

The first one was about Aunt Kalissa (I have changed the names to keep anonymity) that apparently arrived very nauseous which does not go well with roller coasters.   After a difficult morning trying to get to feeling better, the crew all decided to stop for lunch, where I was told that Aunt Kalissa ordered a spicy chicken salad, which my kids called the "turd chicken" because apparently that is what the chicken looked like.   And I know the Junkin stomach well, and know that you never put anything spicy when you are riding coasters, but apparently she made it through the spiciness, and finally started feeling better later in the day.  All were impressed that she ate the whole turd chicken.

I did get to see pictures that Magan sent of Ruby driving the cars.   She was so proud that she drove all on her own, and when the guy running the ride told her she drover so well, she must have a driver's license, she left beaming.   I also saw a picture of her little hands dripping with sweat while waiting for the Mind Bender.   

But out of all these pictures, and out of all the stories I heard, the best was just looking at Linley's face on all of these ride photos.   I mean, that is so hilarious, it still makes me cackle.   I was told that the only roller coaster that was missed was the Batman, and they were next in line when it was shut down.   I heard they also were all sitting around waiting for the park to open back up, when six flags just called it a day and shut down the whole park.   The kids did not get to ride any of the water rides, but I did hear they found some giant splash puddles, which was all good, till Luke splashed Magan.   And we also heard later that Uncle Bob helped design the garden archway at six flags.   Even with a shortened day, I think the large number of pics and many many ride photos show that not much was missed.   Glad they had a great time!



































































 

No comments: