Saturday, May 27, 2023

Slip and Slide Day

 Well, Katie's post said this was the 5th annual Slip and Slide day, and it is always a fun time, thanks to John and Shay always hosting the event.   At some point in the future, we will not even need a slide as the backyard is slowly contouring into the perfect funnel into their back porch area.   The added swimming pool to block entry into the porch area was a good add.  I think Shay added the towels around the bricks, also good add for safety.   

I will admit that the first part of this day went by for me in a haze.   It seems that every day is packed full of events, and this one was right on top.   I started eating pizza, then all the free soda...and after 6 pieces of pizza, two root beers, and a sweet tea...I was borderline comatose.   I remember Andrew banging his head, then going in and playing and wrestling with him for a bit, then things started shutting down.  And things went dark...and even without a girly face mask like John and even Ben wear (John, you are a bad influence)...the dream world came in and took over.   

My understanding is that Sam won the annual games scoring in each round.   He was later presented with the prize of Alexander Hamilton.   I think I saw that everyone scored at least some points.   Prior to my coma, I was excited to see Bella and her new Disney store she got from a yard sale.  Based on the number of pictures and videos I had to select from to get these few below, there was a lot of fun and smiles during my hibernation.   

And then I woke up with full 5 hour energy level alertness, and was ready to go down the slide.   I may have disrupted the typical end of this day and extended the slipping and sliding well towards the evening.   I had really failed to look at my watch before going out to hit the slide.   But that is where my memories began to be more clear from this day.   A fun slide down with Andrew with a huge 5 and hug before running up to the top again.   Multiple trains trying to make it down.   One potentially reckless trip down with the sloth slamming into the pool at the end of the slide.   Fortunately Ellie was ok on one of the sloth legs, but she did not really trust Uncle Scott after that one.   My shoulders hurt for the next couple of days after being the middle booster for the kids going between my legs, but I loved seeing them zoom off beneath me, and Ivy always on her belly looking back up at me with that biggest sweet smile.   I think Bella or Ellie had it figured out that the next person could go down after I looked up from the previous booster push.   

A fun day as always.   Can't wait for the next one...maybe less pizza and soda then.  














































No comments: