Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Road Trip - Day 4...Fast Cars

It is somewhat weird when you are at a conference in Phoenix Arizona, and your boys just hop into the van to drive around town while you are at work.   Granted one is 18 and other 16, I will admit that when I was planning this trip, I had in mind that they would hang out at the hotel each day, or walk to the next door shopping areas.   Well, with Sam looking to get away from the pool, and neither interested in the shopping mall next door, they planned their day to visit all the high priced dealerships in the area while I was stuck at work.   

So, I was ok with this idea, just made them promise not to trade in the Honda Odyssey for any of these sportscars.   And because I knew this blog day would need pictures, told them I needed at least one or two of the car pics to have them in it.   While they do have their moments of brotherly arguments, in general, they are really good friends, and have very similar interests, especially in the manner of fast cars.   Strange, as they did not get any of this from me...Sam will tell you the truth that Dad would drive his Honda Odyssey until the day he died.   And I guess we can test this for whoever is reading the blog in the future...Is dad dead right now?   If so, did he still have the Honda Odyssey?  Maybe I can be like Elijah though, and travel to heaven in a whirlwind created by a high speed Honda Odyssey.   

Anyway, I am positive I did not take these pictures of snakes, so I am assuming they grabbed a couple of snake pictures for the morning.   And also positive they did not miss their breakfast buffet.   But after that, they went to the dealerships.   I would try to sound like the cool dad by naming all these vehicles, but regarding the cool factor and cars, please see paragraph directly above.   I will instead ask the current readers and future reader to reach out to Sam or Davis if you have any questions about what these are.   Davis told me about each one, and I am sure I looked engaged and did my best with an enthusiasm routine (same one I use when Magan talks about couches, or the girls show me the furniture in the Barbie houses).     Only two do I have any remembrance on...but again Davis or Sam will have to fill in details.   The first is a car directly behind Davis 5 pictures down...it was in some race, and the driver signed it.   The second is the top picture, which was a Buggatti Chifron Sport (Yes, I googled this, and yes, I know I misspelled it, but giving you my first attempt at typing the mysterious words that Davis and Sam would excitedly tell me about).   

From Google Search..."The 2022 Chiron isn't only the ultimate Bugatti, it's the ultimate car. Period. This $3 million work of art is capable of pummeling the pavement at over 200 mph thanks to a 16-cylinder engine that features four turbochargers and cranks out at least 1500 horsepower—the more expensive Super Sport model is even more powerful. The Chiron's cabin is just as artfully designed as its exterior, and it coddles occupants in fine materials that help justify its price tag. But let's be honest, people are really paying for the performance here. Those looking for modern conveniences (think Apple CarPlay) or driver-assistance tech, they won't find them here, but after driving this monster, they likely won't care about such minor drawbacks."

But the boys did not find a 2022, this was the 2023 model in black below.   And the price tag on this guy was also pictured down below at almost $5 Million dollars.   I think they also told me that the tires for this thing were $20K/each.   So I was not sold, but they had a great day.   Definitely not a day I would plan but I love that Sam and Davis have this shared love of cars, and could tell by their excitement that they had a good day.   

But for comparison, here is the following from a Google Search..."The 2023 Honda Odyssey will make you forget any negative thoughts about minivans once you experience its refined ride, solid handling, and quick-accelerating V-6 engine. Don’t worry—if a minivan is on your shopping list because you need practicality, the Odyssey won’t disappoint there either. Its novel Magic Seat system allows you to position the second row seats in a variety of ways—including a configuration that’ll keep feuding kiddies appropriately separated. The third row disappears into a recess in the floor to allow for more cargo space."   It is an easy choice to me...and my tires are less than $200/each at Walmart.  

After work, they joined me out at the pool, where I tried out a huge lazy river they had around the waterslide.   And yes, we each tried the waterslide.   It was really fun, but they had what looked like a 16 year old kid at the top on his phone the whole time saying "Go" when it was your turn to go.   It was not a long slide, so I would watch the bottom and see the person before me still in front of the end of the slide, so when the kid gave me the "go", I made sure I waited a few extra seconds.   It was fun, but admittedly, running to the top of the slides with Sam and Davis was a bit awkward as we were racing up the top with mostly 6 to 10 year olds.   Haha, oh well, we are all just kids at heart, our bodies just in different stages of wrinkleness.  

I have not mentioned the heat in Phoenix this week, but it was always over 110 during the heat of the day, and I mention because we raced to the waterslide because our feet would be ON FIRE without flops or sandals.   I mean it was HOT!   We ordered some pizza from a local place "Grimaldi's" using UberEats (my first experience, and very good).   When the pizza arrived, we walked out to the courtyard to enjoy the pizza.   I think we had a meat pizza and a pesto pizza, and I thought we would have plenty left over, but again, when two boys skip lunch, they are very hungry, and that pizza was gone.   It was also delicious.   We tried to give our Italian Godfather faces in the pic below with the pizza.   And each evening at the hotel, they had a guy playing songs on the bagpipes from 6:30 to 7PM.   Seemed to be some level of scottish connection, but I could not really understand it...but hey, a new experience to add to the memory bank.   

I don't see any pickleball pics, and probably because of the amount of pizza we ate, although I am sure Sam was trying to get me and Davis out there.   We rested in the room and the boys introduced me to a show I have never seen before that they like...Shark Tank.   Really neat, and once again, surprises me at how different my boys likes are from the things I liked at 16 and 18.   Another fun day.   




















No comments: