Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Road Trip Day 5 - More Boston Freedom Trail

No sirens or alarms on this morning.  Magan and the kids had one more day on the Trolley, so back they went staying on this day at the USS Constitution museum and the wax museum.  Davis was a bit freaked out by the was museum, but from the response of the kids...and Magan...this was a highlight of this day.  I am just glad they did not have a wax Thor, or Magan may still be there. 
 
Haha, one funny story I heard about on this day was the miserable bus driver that liked to talk and gripe about any and everything on the microphone.  Magan was really not happy when someone took his parking spot and he made everyone wait in the cold so he could go complain about it.  Old Ironsides was not open on this day, so one of the few things everyone missed out on.  But they did get to see Paul Revere's house and the site of the Boston Massacre. 
 
They had lunch at Quincy Market, which was like a high end foodcourt, and wanted to show me around down there for supper as well, which was nice for me to get to see the city a bit more.  But on this uber drive over, our guy was flying around the city and thru the tunnels...little scarey.  We walked out to see the harbor (hahbah as I think the say in Boston) after dinner, just because I wanted to see it...and I got just a little taste of the freezing cold weather they were walking around in each day.  Wow, I think the highs in Boston were like upper 30s with a 12 mph wind.  Sam and I on this night tried the warm buttered lobster sandwich...I am not a fan, but the bacon wrapped chicken was super good.  Back at the hotel, we got our one night of swimming for the trip.  And this was easily the coolest and biggest pool area we have been in at a hotel.  It was on the fifth floor and nice and heated.  
 





















































No comments: