Saturday, May 2, 2020

"Safer at Home" gathering at Granny's

Well, I don't think this was within Kay Ivey's rules for Safer at Home, but regardless, it was really nice to see all the family after being apart for a long time.  We all met Nanny with plans to stay outside, but that didn't last long.  We missed our hugs, but we did get some boiled cookies and some time hearing her laugh and chat with us. 
 
Over at Granny's (and Granddaddy's as I know he would say), we had some great tacos.  The boys played some KanJam, some cornhole, some basketball, and then some Goat Lords.  Which is a new card game that has already become a daily game we play.  Ruby loves it.  Magan and Belle tried to monopolize any time with Ivey, and I loved loved loved my time with Ellie and Bella...those gals are so cute and I will be a monkey any day for those little laughs.  MawMaw was the only one missing from this get together and we miss her much and hope to see her soon as well. 
 
Oh, and one last story is that Anabelle and Ruby took showers at Granny's house, and each got a special souvenir shirt from Granny.  It was like treasure to those girls, and Ruby was still wearing her "Granny" shirt two days later underneath her other dress.  In my college days, I had many coats I wore, but my favorite was one that I inherited from PawPaw.  I wish I still had that coat, but lost is sometime during the Dothan days, but I think there is just a little bit of magic in clothes you get from a grandparent.  If you look close at the last picture below...you just might see a twinkle of the magic in Ruby's eyes...or is that granny's eyes...
 
 
 

 













 







No comments: