Friday, May 8, 2020

“Spread Joy” “Being Mom” Challenge Day 3 (Facebook Challenge)

I am pretty sure this is the very last family picture we ever took before my dad passed.  Scott and I got married before we graduated from college. I graduated from Wallace that May and 2 weeks later was our wedding. Our plan was for me to work for a year, hold off on finishing my degree, and let Scott finish up his last year at Mississippi State while I worked to support us (in addition to what we’d both saved)....

 Needless to say my parents weren’t a huge fan of this plan, but we got married and took a chance anyway.  3 years later I graduated from Troy State Dothan. My dad was very sick by this time. He passed the following April.  I will never forget calling my mom as soon as graduation was over. She and dad were unable to travel and watch me graduate. She got teared up on the phone and my dad tried to tell me he was proud of me over the phone. She said she really hated that they couldn’t be there.


 I will never forgot her telling me how happy she was that we got married when we did, so that my dad could be a part of that day with me.  This truly brings me joy to have these pictures with my WHOLE family on such a special day.







No comments: