O say can you see...We again gathered with the Rawls family to celebrate the nations birthday, and this was year 250. While I can't remember number 200, I do remember the special quarters they made that year, and being excited as a kid to find one every once and awhile. For year 250, it was nice to see all of the different items at Walmart marketed for 250. Probably hosting the World Cup in this year helped amp up the celebration even more. But in Chelsea Alabama, it was not much more than the previous year. Me and Ruby went that morning and bought some fireworks for the night. This year's special was Princess Parachutes, which seemed to be fun for the girls. We also got some cheap parachutes that did not include army men or anything, just hot slightly smoking tube with a parachute.
Brandon had some BBQ, and some of his famous baked beans. And we ate a great meal before going outside for the parachutes and fireworks. I think all had a good time, each of the kids getting a chance to light some fireworks. Everyone left that night with all of their fingers, so we will call that a success.
On a following night, we went to go see the new Angel Studios movie "Young Washington" that told some tells of Washington before he was president. Really good movie, and Magan and I got to use our two free guild tickets. I hear they are already working on the movie 1776 for next year...or maybe the year after. And we got to play with the new pups at the Ray house after taking Claire home. Happy Birthday 'Merica!!




























No comments:
Post a Comment