Our last day in Savannah, and my conference ended at noon, so the girls had one more morning to enjoy in the city. Apparently this was the famous Collin's Quarter breakfast, and after seeing the bill later, it better have been delicious.
From Magan's Facebook Post: "We jumped in on another work trip for Scott to Savannah GA. It was so much fun despite the heat, there’s a reason why I’m not in the pics at Mirabelle’s, I almost melted on the walk to that one. We loved Mirabelle’s but our favorite meal of the trip was at Collin’s Quarter!!! Dubai Nutella French Toast to split between us after our delicious breakfast plates and the best coffee! We loved it all! The Trolley Tour saved us from walking as much in the heat and we love hearing the history of the beautiful city. One day, when Ruby is older, I want to take them all on the walking ghost tour Scott and I did 23 years ago when we went to Savannah for our second wedding anniversary. She was too scared to do it this trip. We missed our other two kids being with us, but so enjoyed time together."
And a few remaining stories that probably belonged with other days...There is a story about negative 2 ply toilet paper at the mexican restaurant (yuck, might want to ask the girls about that one)...There was a dentist chair in the museum, where a cute little girl looked at it and said "OH, that is scary. Now I know why people don't like going to the dentist"...And Ruby wanted me to share that the spanish moss had little red bugs in it and the soldiers would use it for their pillows, and that is where we get "Don't let the bed bugs bite" from. Sounds like a Trolley story.
Magan put together some picture recreations below compared with our 2nd anniversary. Glad neither of us have changed a bit. :) The ride home was in much better weather, and we did have a fun stop at the Lane Farms Peach stand. It was good, but our hearts are with Peach Park in Clanton. Oh, and I had to capture Magans socks and sandals she wore into ChickFilA on the way home. Cutie. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment