I finally had to go to work this morning, so I woke up early and Ubered over to the Conference hotel for their breakfast, only finding out late this day that my little Ruby heard me leave, got dressed and came down to the breakfast buffet at our hotel so I would not have to eat alone. I love you Ruby Gooby, and that made me feel special. If I would have known, I would have stayed at the hotel to eat with you too. But later when the kids did wake up, they all got breakfast together...except for taking Magan her togo order. They also ran into Trevor Kakungu's family that was also staying there.
I wish I had all the stories from the Trolley tour, but I will just speak to all the places they got to visit...They visited Forsyth Park, the Mercer House (where the infamous shooting from "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" captured), Leopold's Ice Cream, the Marshall House (where Magan and I stayed on our 2nd Anniversary), the John the Baptist cathedral, Lafayette Square (just for Ruby), and the Waving Girl statue. I checked my life 360 a little late, and missed them at the statue by about 15 minutes.
So I did get that the kids played on this playground calling it the ghost playground, as it was very old compared to the brand new one across the street. They all loved eating at the Boars Head restaurant on River Street, and were amazed at the size of the cargo ships passing by. I heard that Ruby fell asleep at one of the crazy art museums. And they barely made it back to the hotel before the bottom dropped out...as luckily they had a bus driver that just skipped all the other stops to get them back to the first one.
At my work, it was a pretty calm day at the conference. One of the vendors put the World Cup game on the big screen that they normally used for advertising. But after the conference, after coming back to the hotel, we decided to venture out to the Pirate House, since it was Davis's last night in Savannah. After our dinner, where our waiter mysteriously looked like Corey Feldman (one of the Goonies), we had a tour of the restaurant given by an actual pirate...well she was dressed as one, and took some of our money at the end, so one can assume. Then we went down to River Street and found the candy shop for some pralines other candy. Ruby was excited to get home because she had purchased an oyster at the pirate house and got to open it up and get a real pearl for her necklace.
The Pirate's House...Seven blocks west from where General Oglethorpe landed in 1733, our history begins. Savannah’s World Famous Pirates House is located on one of the most historic spots in Georgia. It was first opened in 1753 as an inn for seafarers, and fast became a meeting point for pirates and sailors from the Seven Seas. The beloved book "Treasure Island" written by Robert Louis Stevenson, mentioned The Pirates’ House in Savannah and a pirate by the name of Captain John Flint. Captain Flint amassed considerable loot and subsequently buried it on a deserted island. It is said, he died in Savannah from drinking too much rum. His treasure map was given to Billy Bones who helps set the adventure in motion for the main characters. It is said that Stevenson was inspired to write the tale while visiting the Inn and early edition pages can be found in the Treasure Room today. Since then, The Pirates House has been entertaining visitors with a bounty of delicious food, drink, and rousing good times!








































No comments:
Post a Comment