Thursday, July 30, 2026

Honduras Day 8 - Returning Home

Everyone was up early, and we started loading the bus around 5:45AM.   So far, so good.   Donny led us in a prayer after we were on the bus, and then we were off.   We stopped at the Amish bakery and breakfast buffet, where I got an omelet and pancake.   We got a few extra things here that are normal (coffee, weird sweets, water).   Belle learned that in the bathrooms here, you get your toilet paper from the roll outside the stall...which is unique, maybe an amish thing.  We did had to stop in Tegucigalpa to drop off Bobby, Maddyn and Davis, so they could grab a plane at the smaller airport to Roatan.   So it was again, as strange goodbye to Davis, but we got a picture for mom of our parting moment.   

At the airport, Belle and I really like the cuban sandwich at a place within the TSA, but the rest of the group ate outside security.   Me and Belle both got selected for a bag to be searched.   And they went through everything, I mean every pocket.   Even opening up her airpod case.   Her bag was found with no issues, so I don't know what triggered it, but they finally got it all back together and over to her.   For my bag, it contained alot of the bible drill stuff mixed with random bags of magic tricks.   The guy looked at me with a strange look, and I laughed and told him it was for games in the schools.   But he finally found the prohibited items...Large Safety pins I use for one of my tricks...so those were taken away and thrown in the Honduran basura.   He then put all back with a little guidance.   Oh, they also, opened each of my bibles and flipped through it to see if anything was hidden in them.   That was unique.   

But we finally made it to the cuban sandwich, and would have been fine, but we thought we should try the loaded queso fries!   If you are about to be traveling on an airplane for a few hours and walking thru customs, SAY NO!! to the queso fries!!   The aloe water tore me up last year, and I should have learned my lesson, but this year it was the queso fries.   

And traveling through Houston, we arrived back in Birmingham at 10PM, instead of our normal flight from Miami at 12AM.   ChickfilA in Houston for dinner.   Being silly on the skytrain in Houston with my Belley.   No luggage lost.   Knit Minions as a gift for Ruby.   A cute Honduran momma doll for Magan.   Butter cookies for Sam.   And a necklace for Noel.   It has been a long trip.   And a lot of writing for these blogs.   I think it is time to rest.   Davis' adventures in Roatan will have to wait for the final post of this out of country visit.   



















No comments: