Sunday, July 12, 2026

Savannah Day 1 - The Drive

After church on Sunday, we began the 6.5 hour drive to Savannah, stopping at Jacks in Childersburg for lunch on the way.   It began as a normal drive day with good weather, but quickly turned into miserable driving for most of the day with horrible rain for a large portion of the drive.   We were basically on backroads through middle Georgia crossing over I-75 near Macon before finally arriving at I-16 for the last 2 hours into Savannah.  

We stopped at a fun restaurant just on the outside of Savannah called Tacostache, and they had a large menu of different tacos to try.   We all just laughed and laughed at Magan, who has a strange habit of getting food and sauce on her no matter where we go.   Every time we looked at her she had a new stain on her shirt from where she spilled something else, then we watched as she reached for her drink and got queso all over her arm.   Later in the week, Belle cracked up telling me about Magan at a mexican restaurant getting rice on her arm before the food had even arrived.    

And another story I shared with the kids here at Tacostache was Mom randomly blurting out things in the car while I was driving.   I am focused on the road and the rain, and random questions about wedding stuff just comes rushing forth from her at a high volume.   "What are you talking about, and why are you shouting" I asked.   We love her, but that brain is going 90 mph all the time, and I really think it is not my old man ears every time I don't hear her...sometimes she just asks me 15 questions in her brain, and wonders why I have not responded yet.   Anyway, it was nice to get out of the rain and laugh a bit on a long rainy drive day.   






No comments: